Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fashion Meets Food: The life and times of a celebrity reporter




(www.FatGirlLovesCake.com) - Some people may wonder why anyone would name a blog "Fat Girl Loves Cake" or even want to create a blog that celebrates being fat. Fat shamers won't get much love here, but you will get a sammich (pronounced: sammm-itch) and is code for cucumber sandwich - big girl style with bacon, mayo and double cheese).

That's because FatGirlLovesCake was created on September 10, 2015 which was also the first day of New York City's Fashion Week 2015 as I huffed and puffed my way up a steep New York City hill heading to a posh Manhattan eatery to help journalist and style diva Nancy O'Dell launch her new fall line.

"I need a better job or an oxygen tank with air that smells like bacon," I joked to myself. "If only people could see what I go through to get the stories that they love. How funny would that be?!"

The more I thought about it the more funny it became until I stopped on a dime in the middle of the street and got eerily serious: That really is funny. In that moment, FatGirlLovesCake.com was born.


CAKE Magazine will be a monthly publication featuring the latest fashion, food trends and of course - my favorite feature - CAKE of the MONTH.

I'm not sure what cake will be but to me it stands for a symbol of happyness. I purposely spelled happiness with a "y" because it symbolizes that being happy is different for every person. Cake means whatever YOU want it to mean. Do you like shoes? That's YOUR cake. Do you like $500,000 sports cars? That's YOUR cake.

Fat Girl Loves Cake.com logo

Together we're going to redefine what it means to be who we are. Once and for all, we're going to shed our fear and put on our sexy, bedazzled big gurl panties and stand up and be counted! We'll use fun nicknames like "Mama Cake" as our handles and from time-to-time win prizes, attend get-togethers and do meet and greets with our favorite celebrities!

I know this website is going to be visited by non-fat people, but please pardon my manners. I won't be changing the tone or editing posts or guest posts to suit you. If you come to FatGirlsLoveCake.com, you'll have to learn to adapt because this website is a celebration of full figure women with style!

Thank you for taking this journey with me! I love ya, gals!

- DC

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These women are lovely. I wish you success in brining the beauty of these ladies to the world.

Post a Comment