Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, December 3, 2015

FOOD REVIEW: Arby's opens new Times Square store, starts hat frenzy





(www.FatGirlLovesCake.com) - I was invited to the private meat tour by a fellow blogger on December 3, 2015. The tour featured a double decker bus that toured some of New York City's most prized meat shops and deli's including Katz Deli! In honor of the special occasion, I considered changing the name of my blog to "Fat Girl Loves MEAT" but I'm not a Kardashian and I didn't know if it would be taken wrong.

The tour, "Meats of New York," should become a real tour that foodies can enjoy. It's an obvious way to help promote the sell of Arby's sandwichs but it's also an amazingly fun way to learn about the history of meats in New York and why they city's love affair is so embedded in the New York City culture. 

This was one deliciously well-thought out experience matched only once - in my opinion - when McDonald's hosted the Bloggers and Journalists Yacht Party that I attended in Miami. They closed a Miami McDonald's for hours just for us, served us with real plates, awesome music and the employees were transformed into wait staff. It was really awesome. This past summer, McDonald's tried to top itself by hosting an outdoor, night-time, picnic concert complete with picnic blankets and food served in Happy Meals. It all went down at the Hudson River waterfront where Nick Cannon dee-jayed so hard that he ended up in the hospital - literally. Arby's is certainly in good company, as far as bloggers like me are concerned.

Here's a few pics from the event. There was bit of confusion surrounding the tour, so Arby's was nice enough to provide me with their cool hats and coupons for free sandwiches when the restaurant opens on December 10, 2015. Speaking of the Arby's hat, everywhere I went people asked about the hat. It became a bit of an issue because EVERYONE wanted one! Arby's is very serious about their hat! They love the hat so much that the company paid $44,100 for singer Pharrell Williams' hat at a silent auction. All of the money went to charity.

I have to take a moment to thank the great folks on Arby's PR staff for making me feel special and part of the Arby's family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment