Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Monday, September 14, 2015

OMG! Pioneer Woman host coming to #BlogHerFood

(www.FatGirlLovesCake.com) - Today, I was skipping along my merry way relieved that I don't have any interviews, events to attend and that I could spend the weekend focusing on the crazy custody battle from hell that I'm involved with my somewhat lunatic ex. Honestly, I was feeling a little blue, but I was determined not to use food to feel better so I stopped by a coffee shop (hey...coffee is not food but caffine is critical to survive family court) I'd decided spend some time in Central Park to "refresh my mind" but I couldn't resist the computer that was sitting there calling my name.


With java in hand, I decided to check my email. I was happy I did. After I shifting through the press releases and an email from a photographer who was announcing that the "headshots" that we took at a recent blog conference was available - to my horror the photos were posted online and made available to EVERYONE to see - I was happy to see that Ree Drummond - the Pioneer Woman food show host that is responsible for my muffin top - is coming to BlogHerFood in Chicago.


I'd been on the fence about attending because my custody battle from hell is draining my energy, but I was immediately determined to attend. In my house, Ree rules! We've made so many of her recipes. They are delicious and truly easy enough for a kid to make. My lil mama loves what she calls, "Cake! Cake!" Seriously, that's what she calls Ree's coffee cake. Even math challenged, impatient bakers like me can make this recipe. I've made it so many times, I can do it in my sleep!


If you haven't checked out Ree's work or registered for BlogHerFood, please do so...NOW! You'll love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment