Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, December 3, 2015

FASHION REPORT: #TheWiz LIVE was a fashion wonderland


(www.FatGirlLovesCake.com) -  When you think of home - at least after watching NBC's LIVE broadcast of the hit stage play "The Wiz - you should think of hot, sparkly shoes. If you don't, you can't possibly have seen the epic performances by some of America's most talented singers, actors and dancers.


From David Alan Grier, who played the sexiest version of "The Lion" to Ne-Yo whose lip color had fashionistas like me searching the web for the exact shade to of course Shanice Williams, who portrayed a fierce shoe wearing "Dorothy," the fashion of The Wiz was on fleek.

So of course, Mary J. Blige's unbelievable performance as "Evilene" had to know the bar was set very high. She did not disappoint.

Blige flaunted her musical theatrical chops with a dynamic performance like only an R&B goddess could do. To the audience's delight, Blige belted out song after song while wearing some of the most incredible boots and rocking a fashionable bad girl look.

“I’m going to keep it classic and keep it close to what it is, but I’m going to definitely bring some ‘Mary J. Blige’ to the song — and some ‘Mary J. Blige’ attitude to Evillene,” Blige said during press interviews before the show aired. “I’ll be able to really turn it into something that’s me, but I don’t want to take it so far away from what I love so much about the song, because I think so many people love the same things that I love.”

But for us, Amber Riley and Queen Latifah held their own.

NBC really allowed the cast to bring a message of "positive body image" and not just for people of the plus size community. The show celebrated being different. Sadly, many of the comments by White viewers were very racist, but one white blogger put those people in their place with his video that said, "If you're offended by this, I hate you."


Still, we can't help but wonder when the Amber Riley lipstick shade is coming to MAC!

"I want to do Broadway, for sure," she tells Playbill.com at the Wiz's press junket, held in anticipation of the NBC broadcast Dec. 3. "I definitely want to do Broadway. That's always been on my bucket list. That's always been something that I've wanted to do."

TALK BACK: Did you think the fashion from The Wiz LIVE was on point?

0 comments:

Post a Comment