Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: "Very Murray Christmas" may have been Miley's best work


(www.FatGirlLovesCake.com) - Miley Cyrus did that! Yep, if you were lucky enough to attend the NYC premiere of Netflix's A Very Murray Christmas starring Bill Murray, Chris Rock, George Clooney and others, you know what I mean.

I was given tickets to the premiere at the Paris Theatre around the corner from Bergdorf's department story for the December 2, 2015 premiere. Of course, I really couldn't wait to see George Clooney. I was on the fence about Miley. She's been so out of control lately it's tough to watch her train wreck.

But she surprised us all by pulling it together - complete with some really fierce shoes - and belting out some really amazing songs. If only she'd stay that way then maybe we could appreciate her on a more regular basis.

Miley said she walked her "last red carpet ever" so it was indeed a thrill to have been there for that.

It was definitely a fun night. I sat diagnally behind Murray so it was really fun watching him appreciate his movie and the crowd's reaction.

Perhaps my favorite part of the night was when he spoke to the audience before the show and said, "I'd like to say something deep and profound but I didn't bring a writer with me."

If you like a quasi-musical, you'll like this movie. He made the music like a character in the movie, so it's not like you'll be bored.

Besides, it's the end of a Miley Cyrus era, so what's not to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment